The Action for Peace Laboratory Association is an official NGO, established in November 2021. Salam Lab has been operating as an informal group since March 2021.
Our mission is to:
- Give voice to the oppressed and excluded.
- Build bridges between communities of various nationalities and religions. Supporting multicultural initiatives and interfaith dialogue. Acting against discrimination and prejudice.
- Deliver reliable information about other cultures, socio-political situations and conflicts around the world, promoting peace journalism.
- Suggest new and criticize the existing systemic and structural solutions in the fields of migration policies, humanitarian relief and development aid, education, media narrative, inclusive language.
- Supporting people with forced migration experience and social integration development.
Salam Lab operates in three lines of work: media, aid and intervention, education.
Salam Lab | Laboratory of Peace is a platform focused on delivering information about migrations and human rights. Through our website and social media, we promote knowledge about human rights, migrations and Islam and carry out campaigns on those. We give voice to the excluded. We prepare weekly press reviews, giving special attention to the regions of North Africa and South-West Asia.
AID AND INTERVENTION
In response to the ongoing humanitarian crisis on the Polish-Belarussian border, in October of 2021, we established the Crisis Intervention Point in Podlasie, which provides immediate help and further assistance to refugees who have found themselves on the territory of Poland. We are part of the Granica Group and we assist their media and educational activities.
Since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine we are working tirelessly to make sure that each Ukrainian person, who leaves their country in order to look for refuge in Poland, has access to housing, transport, translation and legal aid. Currently, we are working with Fundacja Zustricz (eng. Zustricz Foundation), UAinKrakow.pl, JCC Krakow and Szlachetna Paczka in the Reception Centre in Cracow. The centre is located at 3 Radziwiłłowska St., in Cracow. We are helping 24/7 and we are supporting hundreds of refugees from Ukraine each day.
We also support people with refugee experience who live in refugee centers in Poland and those who began their lives outside the center, primarily in Krakow, where the Association is based.
The omnipresent black and white patterns of thinking about global migration lead to an increase in violence and hatred towards migrants. Our goal is to break these patterns and shape critical thinking skills during workshops and meetings. We organize educational workshops for teachers, educators, primary to tertiary students and groups outside the academic environment.
As a part of our permanent education and training programs, we run:
- “Peace lessons” for primary and secondary school students
- Anti-discrimination workshops for teenagers and adults
- A series of workshops called “Empathy and multiculturalism”
- Meetings devoted to the topics of migration, responsible aid and the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border
Our activities are carried out thanks to the financial support of private and corporate donors, the institutional support of Polish and foreign organizations and our wonderful volunteers.
If you are interested in our educational offer, cooperating with us in the form of volunteering, student training or internship, please visit the COOPERATION section, send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
STOWARZYSZENIE LABORATORIUM DZIAŁAŃ DLA POKOJU
10/17 ELIZY ORZESZKOWEJ St.